Finding customers for your goods is one of the most important thing in the Importation Business. You can only guarantee your survival in the business by getting people who will buy your products as soon as possible. A lot of people in the importation business always find this difficult to achieve, their goods might be left unsold for weeks. So I figure, it will be of help if I can share some tips on how to get buyers for your goods quickly.
1. The first and the basic thing to do is letting your friends and family know about your latest arrivals. Showing your products to the people you know personally is one of the easiest ways to sell your products. There is a level of trust that exists between you and these set of people which will make them feel relaxed to buy from you and at the same time help in marketing the products to other people they know.
2. Harness the power of social media. Social media is a great tool to advance your importation and meet new buyers. chances are that you have a Facebook or Twitter account, You can create a Facebook page for your business and show your products to Nigerians online. According to a recent statistics, there are over 5 Million Nigerians on Facebook. Take advantage of this, to build your business and get more customers for your products.
3. Start cold calling potential customers. You can do this through existing satisfied customers. Are there customers that have patronized you and satisfied with your products? Get them to refer you to more people they know and contact those people personally stating who referred you to them. Some people tend to form business relationship through recommendations from people they trust.
4. If you are importing in large quantities, You can start supplying retailers of the product around you. For example, If you imported some clothes or quality footwears, you can approach boutiques around you and let them know what you have in stock and also let them know of how cheap your products are.
5. Depending on how large your budget is, You may also like to go big and give yourself a little branding by opening a website for your products. Websites are great tools to market business, people can easily go to your website and view what you have in stock and also order from there if interested in what you are selling.
6. Another way is to go showcase your product directly to your target market. Identify who your products are targeting and go to where you can find your target market in their large numbers to advertise your products to them. For example, if you imported Exotic clothings or fashionable footwears, your target market should be University/Polytechnic students, therefore find a way to take your goods to their campuses and hostels and market to them.
7. One effective way to ensure business growth, is offering incentives to customer referrals. If your customer refer another customer to you, It will do your business some good to give out some little incentives to the person that referred you your new customer. The goal is to grow your business over time.
In the end, Its all about getting the word out to get more customers for your products and probably getting your customers to get the words out as well, since people tend to value and follow the opinion of people they trust. While product quality is very important, its the business that have the most effective marketing efforts that will reap its rewards.
Find this post helpful? Simply Like our page and subscribe for our daily tips